Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Let me tell you, it has been one CRAZY week around here. My mom flew in last Wednesday for a visit which we are so happy about. On Thursday and Friday Matthew ran a fever and started being very, very irritable. He basically has cried almost nonstop from Thursday through yesterday. He quit sleeping at night (1 1/2 hours at a time is all we could get him to do) which was really hard since I'm pregnant and already exhausted. Since the fever had stopped Friday and this was crying and wanting noone but mommy was continuing I wasn't sure if he was just being rotten or if he had an ear infection or what. So Sunday morning I skip church and take him to the walk in clinic. They said other than a little cold in his nose he's fine. I'm thinking, "Great, he is just rotten then". Well Monday during one of his fits I was able to look in his mouth and the poor baby has little sores on his tongue and under his lip. No wonder he's crying. He can't eat, drink, or take a pacifier because it hurts! I feel really bad for the little guy. Last night he did manage to sleep all night (cried once at 4:00am but went back to sleep) so hopefully this is a sign that things are getting better. On top of this Sean is trying out for the majors so we've been juggling baseball practice, guitar lessons, church, school, work, and shopping for a car. I'm sure my mom thinks we are nuts because of how busy we are. Sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in little things that we don't take time out to appreciate what's really important, our loved ones. I'll leave that topic for another post though.

No comments:

Post a Comment